Saturday, October 3

Capturing my Thoughts

I am having the hardest time with today’s post, because for the last day I was thinking that the prompt was “Courage” and when I sat down to write and saw the word was “capture” my mind kinda went blank…

Writing is about capturing my thoughts. Writing takes time. Often I have fleeting thoughts, ideas, experiences I want to remember. Or Scripture and things I'm learning in my Bible study. However, if I don't take the time to write things down, the ideas slip through the web of my consciousness and disappear. I lose the opportunity to share the stories, to encourage others with what God is teaching me, to practice my writing voice.

And then I get discouraged and want to give up. 

I have a writing journal that I use when I have to (like when I’m taking a writing class or writing practicum in pursuit of my communications degree, and part of my class assignment is to gather 50 entries in my writing/idea notebook). But often I forget to use my journal, or I think I’m too busy to take the time to write things down.



But if I truly want to find my writing voice and become a better writer, capturing my thoughts and ideas is vital. I have already seen the benefit of skimming through past things I’ve written as a way to “prime the pump” and get the writing juices flowing again.

So I will pull out my writing journal and start carrying it around with me again and the next time an idea passes through my sieve of a mind, I will WRITE IT DOWN!

My thoughts today: Are you are writer, a creative, an artist? How do you capture ideas for future use? Do you use Pinterest, Evernote, or some other app? Or are you a pen and paper kind of person?





Join me as I remember what it means to be a writer again. Writing for 31 days in an attempt to find where nature and art collide in the work of writing. Click the graphic to find all my #write31days posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...