Tuesday, March 18

Five Minute Friday: Crowd

Five Minute Friday

Well, I wrote this on Friday... but some how it didn't make it from my notebook to my screen until now. So here is a little Five Minute Friday, on Tuesday...


Crowd:


This was supposed to be the year of quiet. But sometimes it's hard to be quiet and experience quiet with the crowd that's hanging out in my head.

Yes, I'm willing to admit that I have voices in my head--lots of them and they are all saying a milllion different things. Does that make me crazy? Are you going to send me to the funny farm now?

(Ps: I miss my chickens, so maybe that wouldn't be so bad... )

There aren't always this many voices in my head. The number ebbs and flows. But this week, it's been a crowd, a full-blown, unwanted crowd. I was going to let you inside my head and share a few of the conversations I've been hearing lately, but I decided it was crowded enough--NO Vacancy!

If anything, I need a bouncer, someone to kick all the crazies out of my head, so it's just me and my thoughts and God.

I also know that God's Word is the perfect bouncer to all the crazies crowding in my head, but I just didn't feel like it (and yes, I whined while I wrote that).

It's a daily battle trying to clear out the crowd... and today, I just didn't have the strength to fight through the crowd ... maybe tomorrow.

STOP

ps. It's been a while since I've blogged or even written at all. I'm having a hard time finding my voice in the mess of it all, so don't think that this blog post means I'm coming back full force. In face, I"m contemplating a break (an official break) from blogging. Maybe a week, maybe a month, maybe a year, maybe forever...

So if you need something to read, go visit all of the other brave writers at Lisa-Jo's place as they write on "crowd."


And now it's Tuesday, and a weekend with friends, fellowship, worship, rest and yes, God's Word has helped my perspective a bit. The voices are quieter today... but still there and sure to get loud again. It's also amazing what a little bit of writing does to help process through the crowd. So I'll blog when it strikes and I will try to write even when I don't hit publish because I think that writing is still what I want to do, even when I don't "feel" like it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on those darn voices!! They keep me up late some nights. And that is no good. But I try to concentrate on my breathing and its interesting how a good steady rhythym can calm the thoughts. I know what you mean about blogging. I do it for me. Some days I do a lot and the next I do nothing. But I always feel better after. It is good to clear the head. http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/2014/03/crowd-5-minute-prompt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my email is heatha100@gmail.com =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems we wrote very similar blogs on crowd, and I too have plenty of things running around in my head to crowd out what is important.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...