Thursday, March 8

Project 52 --Be Still

The Project 52 theme this week is "Be Still." The first thing that came to my mind was "still life" but I wanted to stretch myself a little more than that... and I didn't have any fruit in my house at the time (isn't that what you picture when you think "still life"?)  So I began to think more on Being Still and what that means to me. "Be Still and know that I am God"  Sometimes I have a hard time being still... physically maybe not, but mentally!! and I wanted to do more than just photograph that passage of Scripture.

I'm so glad Darcy posted a reminder on facebook in the middle of the week, because I was so engrossed in my writing side of blogging that the camera had taken a back seat!!

So, I remembered to grab my camera when I left the house Wednesday evening and I was glad I did!  As I was pulling down my long driveway, I stopped... and enjoyed some of God's great artistry. (I have a slight frustration with the fact that it never looks as good out of the camera as it does when I'm enjoying it in person.)


and as we were driving to church... in a rare evening of just my son and me, all of a sudden my son said, "Look, Mommy, the moon is peeking at us!"  And I took a moment to be still and enjoy the moment, enjoy my son, and enjoy the moon! :)


and then on the way home... with all the kids this time, my sweet little 4 year old asked me, "Mommy, why is the moon following us?"  and for just a moment in time, I was still and just reveled in my sweet kids and the wonder of it all.

What makes you "be still"?

project 52 p52 weekly photo challenge my3boybarians.com

to my photographer visitors: what's the secret to capturing God's great creation on film... especially with the sun or moon involved??!?!  any great tutorials online?

Previous Project 52 entries: 
True Love
Drink Up
Shadows

3 comments:

I would love to reply to your comments, but I can't unless you have an email available in your profile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...